Finca La Maya will host a commemorative celebration on Saturday, 14 January, 3 -7 pm. The party is primarily to thank ALL who have supported and participated in TEN years of Finca La Maya’s free educational and cultural programs for our beach communities. We hope everyone will be able to come JOIN the FUN!
Admission is free. There will be activities for the whole family: a talent show with performances by children, comedians, and individuals living in our communities, a dancing horses exhibition, multiple live music groups, art and crafts, dance performances by professional “Vegas” style dancers, Tango, Panamanian “pollera tipico”, no-host bar, refreshments, food, a raffle to win fabulous prizes, karaoke, and other surprises.
During ten years, La Maya has hosted many activities including:
- English classes
- Art for Kids classes
- Family Movie Night
- Music classes
- Dance classes
- Christmas Gingerbread party for local children
- Started and continue to support soccer and baseball little league teams in San Carlos/El Nance
- Scholarship coordination with Panama’s Rotary Club, Canadian Club and American Society in Panama
- Scholarship and job opportunities with universities in the USA
- Hosted English classes for local National Police
- Honored by the American Embassy in Panama with “Faces of America” article on their website
- Sponsored interns from many countries all over the world
- Hosted interns from WWOOF organization (Worldwide Organization Organic Farmers)
- Hosted conferences and interns for sustainable and organic farming, gardening, green home building
- Holiday Art Bazaar to promote local artists
- Organic produce market to promote local organic farmers.
- Sculpture, creative writing, yoga and Eco building workshops
- Wine tasting “seminars”
- Finca La Maya grows and sells organic Moringa Oleifera (the “miracle tree”).
Don’t miss the party of the decade! See you THERE!
Under the ‘about’ link you find directions to get to Finca La Maya. For more information, call 240-8281.